Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Siem Reap
- Duration 3 days
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
Angkor Temples, Food and Family Fun 3 days - Siem Reap
- Private Angkor temples tour from Siem Reap
- Explore the magnificent temples of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom
- Snap photos of the jungle temple of Ta Prohm and the Terrace of the Elephants
- Watch Phare Circus performance
- Visit a local fruit market and navigate the alleyways of a bustling market
- Explore the stalls and bright lights at Siem Reap’s largest local picnic spot
- Hear insights from our local guide on Cambodian favorites, including fried cricket, red ant, and spider
- Savour the flavours of Siem Reap snacks, dinner, and dessert
- See authentic stilted and floating village on Tonle Sap Lake
- Learn about Khmer traditional art of skin carving and silk making
Itinerary Day by Day
DAY 01: Angkor Temples and Phare Circus
This morning our experienced guide will meet you at hotel and go through itinerary with you. Then you will set out for an excursion to the amazing and awe inspiring temples of Angkor Wat, surrounded by a manmade moat. It is no surprise this monument was awarded a UNESCO World Heritage Site status.
Next, explore the ancient Khmer capital city of Angkor Thom. Explore the giant faces of Bayon temple. You will also visit several small temples nearby, such as Baphuon, the Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King.
Continue for a short ride to visit to the well-known jungle temple of Ta Prohm, for centuries overgrown by balsa wood trees and vines. This temple reeks of mystery and was also used in the movie Tomb Raider.
Last stop for today is a truly memorable sunset with a panorama view of the amazing landscape from Pre Rup temple.
Tonight you will be enthralled by the Phare Cambodia Circus performance; a troupe of young Cambodians offering a spectacular and exciting blend of traditional and modern theatre, music, dance, acrobatics, juggling and contortion beautifully choreographed and performed as a story about Cambodian life and society.
Meal included: None
DAY 02: Banteay Srei Temple, Banteay Srei Butterfly Center, Silk Farm
You will spend the morning visiting Banteay Srei temple, also known as the ‘Women’s Temple'. It was associated with the training of female soldiers to fight against the enemies of the Khmer empire, and is fairly unique in that it is constructed of beautiful pink sandstone and decorated with intricate stone carvings.
On the return journey you'll visit featuring a live display of Cambodian butterflies. Revenue generated by tourist admissions provides support for local poverty alleviation and conservation projects.
Lunch today is at a countryside retreat and restaurant Bong Thom Homestay. Before your lunch is cooked, you have some time to enjoy walking tour of the fruit farm of the homestay or maybe just relax in a hammock.
Back to hotel for refreshing before set out again.
Afternoon visit Angkor Silk Farm that gives you excellent insight into how silk is traditionally made in Cambodia. The farm supports vulnerable women to make a living for their families. Visit the Silk Farm and follow each step of the silk process, from growing the mulberry trees to providing the essential ingredients to grow and feed silkworms. There are craftswomen at work allowing you to observe how silk is processed traditionally. They remove the silk thread from the cocoons and work the thread prior to weaving. An on-site shop allows you to bring home some memorable souvenirs or gifts for your loved ones back home. You will also have some time for shopping souvenir at Old Market before the guide drop you off at hotel.
Meal included: Lunch
DAY 03: Floating Village of Kampong Phluk, Skin Carving workshop and Street Food Tour
Today see a different side of Siem Reap by visiting Tonle Sap Lake where you will take a boat excursion to see the stilted and floating village of Kompong Phluk. Explore this great ecosystem by way of canoes and hear the calls of the birds or macaque monkeys while marveling at the flooded forest beneath the lake’s surface, you’ll see a Buddhist temple standing on an island which contains some beautiful Buddhist paintings on the celling.
On the way back you will stop at buffalo skin carving workshop where kids learn the ancient art of skin carving used primarily for shadow puppet performance. If you like, you can also join in the activity and create your own skin carving souvenir to keep your memory. Relax at hotel and prepare for your evening food adventure.
At 05:30pm, starts off again with a ride on a moto-remork, an articulated moto-rickshaw that’s commonly seen on Siem Reap’s streets. We’ll zip you through the streets, off the tourist trail and straight into local street food scene.
Your food-loving local guide will uncover hidden local street food treasures and beloved recommendations of local snacks, such as yellow bean cake or Khmer rice cake or Fried Banana. Our food mission continues with a tasting of seasonal fruits that are grown in and around Siem Reap, like the purple kiwi fruit-like dragon fruit, mango, tiny (but sweet!) pineapple, and the stinky king of all fruit – the mighty durian! You’ll also see the spices and other ingredients featured in local food, and hear about the traditional remedies and medicine.
Next, we’ll hit up a local picnic spot where stalls are set up in the early evening selling a multitude of interesting snacks. As we wander around, you might see fried tarantulas, which are usually enjoyed with a cold beer; fried crickets, which taste like potato chips; barbecued meat on skewers; Khmer Fried Chicken; green mango served with chili and salt; ducks eggs; barbecued corn; and deliciously sweet purple mangosteen.
Hopefully you still have room for even more amazing Cambodian food, because our next stop is a local restaurant to sample some tasty local delicacies, before finishing at a dessert stall where fruit shakes, fruit with sweeten condensed milk and baked puddings are the specialty.
Meal included: Dinner and snack
- Private English speaking local guide for whole tour
- Air-conditioned private transport and Reumork
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- Dinner and snack as mentioned in day to day itinerary
- Phare Circus ticket (seat C)
- Entry fee to Angkor Butterfly Centre
- Boat trip and entry fee to floating village of Kampong Phluk
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Angkor archaeological park entrance fee ($62 per person for three day pass, kid below 12 years is free entry)
- Other meals
- Travel insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult. Discount is available for child below 12 years old.
- This is a kid friendly trip
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other language might be catered for upon request
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- Dress code for temples: women & men should dress moderately and cover their shoulders & knees
- If you cancel at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size:
|Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||200$||150$||131$||118$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.