Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Phnom Penh
- Duration 4 days
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 7 days before
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Phnom Penh City and surroundings 4 days - Phnom Penh
- Learn about Phnom Penh’s tragic past with visit to Toul Sleng and Killing Fields
- Visit Royal Palace and National Museum
- Visit Kirirom National Park
- Visit Mekong Island and see beautiful scenery of Mekong River
- Step back in time on a history tour to Tonle Bati and Phnom Chiso
Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1: Royal Palace, National Museum, Toul Sleng and Killing Fields
Phnom Penh is nowadays a bustling city and its ochre-coloured colonial buildings, bustling squares, trendy cafés, and frangipani-lined boulevards create an atmosphere that is unlike any other city in Southeast Asia. This morning set out on a city tour to visit the National Museum, which houses Khmer art and sculptures from different periods of Cambodian history, and visit the Royal Palace. The palace was built in 1866 by the French for King Norodom and is also home to the Silver Pagoda, which received its name because its floor is made up of 5,329 silver tiles. The palace has been inhabited by kings at all times with the exception of the period when the radical Khmer Rouge took control in 1975. Under its leader Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge seized power and declared ‘year zero’. Opt to learn more about these turbulent years when visiting the infamous Tuol Sleng Museum and Killing Fields in the afternoon.
Meal included: none
Day 2: Mekong Island and more city tour
Morning we take short drive by air-conditioned vehicle to north of Phnom Penh and then take a ferry across the Mekong River to visit Koh Dach, an island in the located in the middle of Mekong River. Explore the island which is home to luscious trees, farm and fruit plantations. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Mekong as you go on a shuttle ferry. Observe the daily activities of the local community. Continue your tour through villages and answer the many warm greetings from local children. Stop by at some village home to see family-run workshop weaving silk and high quality scarf and you got chance for interaction with local people.
Back to Phnom Penh for own lunch. After lunch enjoy shopping for souvenir and try some street food with visit to the art-décor Central Market. From here we travel the old fashion way by Cyclo. Cyclos remains one of the most enjoyable, relaxing, and environmentally friendly ways to explore Phnom Penh. You will enjoy sightseeing with slow phase of cyclo and sightseeing of the famed city sights such as; the riverside, Wat Phnom, the Royal Palace, the old French Quarter, the Independence Monument, and various interesting local markets – a truly unique experience and one that should not be missed whilst in Phnom Penh. Say goodbye to your cyclo drive at Mekong Riverside area and enjoy a stroll and take in fresh air and local life. You might want go to rooftop of one of the restaurants on the riverside to enjoy sunset cocktail (own account) with a back drop of the sun descending over the Tonle and Mekong rivers. Back to hotel.
Meal included: Khmer snack
Day 3: Kirirom National Park from Phnom Penh
Depart this morning for a 2.5 hour drive to Kirirom National Park. The park is situated in Kampong Speu province and was the first to receive national park status in Cambodia. You will follow Highway 4 all the way until you reach the Kirirom junction from where the road becomes slightly bumpier. You will pass through the gate of Kirirom and drive all the way up to the top to admire the views of the surrounding forest and mountain ranges at 675 meters above sea level. Take a stroll along some of the many trails. The pine forest is of particular interest and offers a relaxing walk and there are numerous streams and rapids in the park to be visited as well. Enjoy picnic lunch Khmer style by the stream. Return to Phnom Penh mid-afternoon after a refreshing day in the national park. End of tour.
Meal included: Packed lunch
Day 4: Tonle Bati and Phnom Chiso from Phnom Penh
Located about 1.5 hour drive from Phnom Penh, Tonle Bati is a small lake that is a popular place for local to spend their weekends. Small wooden platforms and huts dot the lake and function as shelter where Cambodian families prepare a picnic. However, during the weekdays the place is deserted and you will most likely have the area to yourself. The most noticeable feature is the 12th century temple named Ta Prohm. This beautifully conserved temple was built by King Jayavarman VII. Visit the temple upon arrival and walk through its hallways. Flowers and little shrines can be found around every corner. Partake in a blessing from a monk elder and donate some small money to light an incense stick. Continue to Phnom Chisor, which is situated a mere 20 minute drive away by car. Upon arrival enjoy a picnic lunch. Take some time to catch your breath before you climb the 461 steps to the top of the hill for a magnificent view. The temple there was built in the 11th century by King Suryavarman I. Its construction is made of laterite and bricks and is home to some carved sandstone lintels. Admire the views before you return and transfer back to Phnom Penh.
Meal included: Packed lunch
- Conducted in private tour
- English speaking guide throughout the tour
- Air-conditioned transport
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- All entry fee
- Cyclo ride
- Packed lunch on day 3 & 4
- Snack on day 2
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (in central of city only)
- Travel insurance
- Guide & driver gratuity (optional)
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- Dress code for Royal Palace: women & men should dress moderately and cover their shoulders & knees
- Free cancellation for 7 days in advance of the schedule departure, if you cancel between 3 - 7 days, 50% charge, cancel within 3 days full charge.
TOUR PRICE BASED ON DIFFERENT GROUP SIZE, COUNT BY NUMBER OF ADULT ONLY, NOT INCLUDE CHILDREN:
(CHILD below 12 years old PRICE WILL BE 50% OF THE ADULT PRICE, below 2 years old free )
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||572$||327$||245$||204$||179$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.