Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Phnom Penh
- Duration 2 days
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 7 days before
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Phnom Penh City and Udong 2 days - Phnom Penh
- Visit Udong, former capital of Khmer empire
- See a monumental royal necropolis of sovereigns of several centuries that scattered on hilltop
- Learn about Phnom Penh’s tragic past with visit to Toul Sleng and Killing Fields
- Visit Royal Palace and National Museum
Itinerary Day by Day:
Day 1: Royal Palace, National Museum, Toul Sleng and Killing Fields
Phnom Penh is nowadays a bustling city and its ochre-coloured colonial buildings, bustling squares, trendy cafés, and frangipani-lined boulevards create an atmosphere that is unlike any other city in Southeast Asia. This morning set out on a city tour to visit the National Museum, which houses Khmer art and sculptures from different periods of Cambodian history, and visit the Royal Palace. The palace was built in 1866 by the French for King Norodom and is also home to the Silver Pagoda, which received its name because its floor is made up of 5,329 silver tiles. The palace has been inhabited by kings at all times with the exception of the period when the radical Khmer Rouge party took control in 1975. Under its leader Pol Pot, the Khmer Rouge seized power and declared ‘year zero’. Opt to learn more about these turbulent years when visiting the infamous Tuol Sleng Museum and Killing Fields in the afternoon. Meal included: none
Day 2: Udong, Central Market and Riverside Walk
Travel one hour north of the capital to Udong, the former capital of Cambodia between 1618 and 1866 and home to impressive Khmer architecture that reflects the glory days of Cambodia. The ruins are sprinkled across two ridges. The smaller of the two ridges has two ruined buildings, several stupas and the remains of Ta San Mosque. Surrounding the ruins are some smaller pagodas which are still intact, stupas and Buddha statues. Climb the stairway to the impressive hill-top stupa and enjoy a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside. Enjoy packed lunch before driving back to Phnom Penh. Arrived back in Phnom Penh and enjoy shopping for souvenir or try some street food (own account) with visit to the art-décor Central Market. Evening take in fresh air and local life with stroll along the Mekong River bank. You might go to rooftop of one of the restaurants on the riverside to enjoy sunset cocktail (own account) with a back drop of the sun descending over the Tonle and Mekong rivers. Back to hotel.
Meal included: packed lunch
- Conducted in private tour
- English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned transport
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- All entry fee
- Packed lunch on day 2
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (in central of city only)
- Travel insurance
- Guide & driver gratuity (optional)
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- Dress code for Royal Palace: women & men should dress moderately and cover their shoulders & knees
- Free cancellation for 7 days in advance of the schedule departure, if you cancel between 3 - 7 days, 50% charge, cancel within 3 days full charge.
TOUR PRICE BASED ON DIFFERENT GROUP SIZE, COUNT BY NUMBER OF ADULT ONLY, NOT INCLUDE CHILDREN:
(Child below 12 years old will be 50% of adult price, below 2 years old free)
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||266$||157$||120$||102$||91$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.